Spiritual Adrenaline is a nutrition and exercise based lifestyle that is practiced along with the twelve steps of recovery.
Recovery Vitamins, Minerals, Hormones
"Why They Matter"
Something that no therapist or doctor ever told me was how substance abuse and poor nutrition deplete vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and electrolytes, all of which are critical to proper functioning of the mind and body. Deﬁciencies can greatly aﬀect behavior, mood, and the functioning of vital organs.
Living Life To The Fullest
Our bodies create, or possess the ability to create, certain substances that impact our energy, mood, and ability to properly function on a daily basis. Some of the major hormones produced by the body are Endorphins, Dopamine, Cortisol, Seratonin, GABA, Testoserone & Estrogen. Each of these hormones has the capacity to dramatically alter our mood, self-esteem and view of the world around us. Production of these hormones is regulated by the body and thrown into chaos by the abuse of alcohol or drugs.
Alcohol and drug use alter the normal course of production and overstimulate the glands responsible for producing the hormones. Over the time, alcohol and drugs cause such an over-stimulation that the body’s reserves are depleted and the body just cannot keep up with demand. Through proper nutrition and exercise, most people in recovery can restore proper hormone production leading to improved mood, an enhanced self-image, and in many, a sense of being spiritually linked to others and the universe around us.
“Knowledge of how these vitamins, minerals and hormones are produced and their function can greatly enhance our chances of success in recovery.”
How Nutrient Deficiency Contributes to Anxiety and Depression with Dr. Michael Bedecs
Dr. Michael Bedecs is a recognized expert in anti-aging medicine and has worked closely with people in addition recovery for years. Check out my interview with him and for more information, go to his website: http://www.agemanagementcenter.com.
Why Endorphins Are Essential in Being Healthy and Happy
The body has the capacity to produce a large number of hormones that dramatically alter our mood, and form the underlying...
How Increasing Endorphin Levels Will Super-Charge Your Energy
Many people that use drugs, do so, to increase their endorphin levels. The question becomes – how do people in recovery increase their endorphin levels
- Beth A.: How She Overcame an Eating Disorder with the Help of Addict2Athlete…
- What are Omega 3 & 6 Fats, Why Should You Care & Where Can You Get Them…
- Meet Chris Carter of Veterans Overcoming Obstacles and Hear How CrossFit Has Become Part of A Healthy Sober Lifestyle….
- The Importance of Finding the Right Sponsor with Tim Mustion and Anthony Fazio of Temperance Training
- ROCovery Fitness, Sky Fit and Mike Stanbrough: Who Ever Said Recovery Isn’t A Blast?
Vitamins, Minerals, Hormones
- How Nutrient Deficiency Contributes to Anxiety and Depression with Dr. Michael Bedecs
- Why Endorphins Are Essential in Being Healthy and Happy
- How Increasing Endorphin Levels Will Super-Charge Your Energy
- 4 B-Vitamins That Can Shield Your Body From Years of Stress and Abuse
- WHY B VITAMINS ARE CRITICAL IN BOOSTING YOUR ENERGY