Spiritual Adrenaline is a nutrition and exercise based lifestyle that is practiced along with the twelve steps of recovery.
Spiritual Adrenaline is a nutrition and exercise based lifestyle that is practiced along with the twelves steps of recovery.
It's Who and What We Are
Spiritual Adrenaline defines spirituality as turning our focus inward and toward who we are, as opposed to externally, with a focus on other people, places and things. We do not define Spirituality as worship of a God, or as that term is usually referenced in organized religion. We follow Buddhist based principles intended to turn the focus inward so we can get to know and love ourselves. By focusing on who and what we are, rather than on the external (people, places and things), we become comfortable in our own skin.
Our view of what is spiritual is given expansive interpretation. For example, I find the music and life of Dolly Parton to be spiritual. We have to learn to respect what others view as spiritual even if we don’t agree.
Spiritual Adrenaline also integrates meditation practice and breathing techniques to slowly change brain function and assist in the development of tools to handle stress that we all encounter in everyday life. You can change your life simply by changing what is happening in your mind. The world may not change, but your perception of it surely will.
“You Can’t Have the Rainbow Without the Rain.”
SOULFEST Music Festival: The Importance of Music to Your Recovery
Here’s a video from Soulfest 2016, a faith-based music festival in New Hampshire. I explain the importance of music to my recovery and hope that it makes you think about how music, social media, movies, video games and other everyday parts of our life can either enhance, or undercut, your attempt to stay sober. […]
Social Media Addiction: Beyond the Twelve Steps with Paul Mc Gill and Charles West
This week, Charles West interviews Paul McGIll about his upcoming film “You Turn”, which looks at social media addiction, mindfulness and staying in the now.
Charles West: Cancer and Beyond the Twelve Steps….
Charles West is a regular contributor to Spiritual Adrenaline. In this video, he explains how being diagnosed with cancer challenged him to overcome fear, integrate the steps into his life and rather than let his diagnosis destroy him, look inside to find his divine spark.
- Beth A.: How She Overcame an Eating Disorder with the Help of Addict2Athlete…
- What are Omega 3 & 6 Fats, Why Should You Care & Where Can You Get Them…
- Meet Chris Carter of Veterans Overcoming Obstacles and Hear How CrossFit Has Become Part of A Healthy Sober Lifestyle….
- The Importance of Finding the Right Sponsor with Tim Mustion and Anthony Fazio of Temperance Training
- ROCovery Fitness, Sky Fit and Mike Stanbrough: Who Ever Said Recovery Isn’t A Blast?
Vitamins, Minerals, Hormones
- How Nutrient Deficiency Contributes to Anxiety and Depression with Dr. Michael Bedecs
- Why Endorphins Are Essential in Being Healthy and Happy
- How Increasing Endorphin Levels Will Super-Charge Your Energy
- 4 B-Vitamins That Can Shield Your Body From Years of Stress and Abuse
- WHY B VITAMINS ARE CRITICAL IN BOOSTING YOUR ENERGY