Spiritual Adrenaline is a nutrition and exercise based lifestyle that is practiced along with the twelve steps of recovery.
The foundation of Spiritual Adrenaline is coming to believe in our internal capacity to modify old behavior patterns to improve the quality of our lives.
We start with nutrition as the underlying foundation of the process of change. Bodies subjected to long-term substance abuse are most likely malnourished and dysfunctional. By providing our bodies with the proper nutrients they need to function, we restore internal balance. By restoring the balance of brain chemistry, it improves the efficiency and effectiveness of our organs.
We then incorporate exercise to further stimulate our bodies in a positive manner. We stretch and build our muscles, increase blood flow and circulation, and engage in cardio to slowly get our engines humming again. Proper exercise, done in a balanced way that avoids injury, enhances production of positive hormones that help lift our moods and spirits. Increased blood flow and circulation help deliver nutrients, most notably oxygen, to cells that were subjected to years of abuse. Our bodies react in an extremely positive manner to these biological changes.
Next, we utilize the tools contained in our “spiritual toolbox” to connect better to the universe around us, and, if we choose, to a higher power. A healthy body and mind are necessary to connect with the universe around us. Our spiritual toolbox builds on our physical and mental health and uses esteemable acts to enhance the creation of positive hormones, leading to a spiritual connection.
- ROCovery Fitness, Sky Fit and Mike Stanbrough: Who Ever Said Recovery Isn’t A Blast?
- Rise & Grind: An Innovative Program in Reno, Nevada Designed for Women in Recovery
- Graham McCormack: Celebrating Eighteen Months Sober – How this Mixed Martial Artist Turned His Life Around
- Todd Smith: Addict 2 Athlete: How One Addict Learned to “Stay Invincible”….
- Nikki Myers and Yoga of Twelve Step Recovery (“Y12SR”): Benefits For New Comer’s…